Monday, March 31, 2014

To Find Myself

That small curiosity and
the horrid mirror
That told a frightful truth:
My eyes could not
Discern my form.
The light simply traversed
Through my flesh like
Thin glass.

A hunger,
Great and powerful
consumed me.
I wanted to see
this form bestowed
Upon me,
To breathe.

So thus began
A voyage to find
My lost soul,
To bring back life to
These undead limbs.

The first steps of
This search were with
Trepidation and trembling,
Calculated and careful.
I entered the maze
Convinced of my success.

But the walls
Seemed to shift,
And the world to spin.
A panic took hold and
Caution saw a bloody revolution,
Replaced with breathless bursts,
Running rampant and wild.

This maze made me
Sick and twisted with
Madness.
The madness was
deep within.
Was it built like a great city
Or
Unearthed like a piece of coal
In the mountainside?

More lost than at
First sail,
Fog covered the
Breadcrumb trail.
I found not my heart,
My life's blood,
Or my soul.
Only this madness,
This terrible madness
I fear may be all that
I sought.

This terrifying madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment